Join Holden in Prayer for the World
Each year Holden invites Villagers across the globe to create community through participation in the Holden Evening Prayer. This year more than ever, the world cries out for healing, justice, and mercy. Let us support and draw strength from one another, reaffirming our values as people called, equipped, and sent to do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with God.
Recognizing that worship during a pandemic is fraught, we encourage you to engage in whatever ways are possible and meaningful for you in this context. If you can safely and easily host Vespers ’86, the Marty Haugen setting of Holden Evening Prayer, please do so! If you and your community can gather virtually to engage in a modified Prayer Around the Cross, a guide will be offered for that. Whether in spirit or person, we can come together with others to pray and build community while guarding one another’s health.
Together our prayers rise like incense.
- Host an event! Please fill out the form below to add your event to the Holden Prayer Around the World. For everyone’s health and safety, we encourage events that are virtual gatherings of communities. If you need to make changes after submitting your event, please email the Communications Lead.
- Join an event! Check the map below to find a service near you.
- Spread the word! Pass this information along to anyone who might be interested in hosting or joining an event. Consider especially those who live in different countries or on different continents!
For Your Information
- This year, Holden Village will celebrate Holden Evening Prayer Around the World on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7pm. You may also choose a date and time that works best for your community.
- To purchase worship pamphlets for the Holden Evening Prayer setting by Marty Haugen, visit Gia Music.
- Help us archive this celebration! Send any photos of your event to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the hashtag #HEPAW on social media!
- Recordings of Holden Evening Prayer (video from 2017 and audio from 2020) are available for individual and congregational use.