From our partners at the Washington Immigrant Solidarity Network (WAISN):
WAISN is an organization made by and for immigrants. Many of us came here because the safety of home disintegrated, forcing our families to make the hardest choice of their lives: to leave home.
Today, we stand in complete solidarity with the Afghan people. We urge the Biden-Harris administration to live up to their promise of centering human rights in foreign policy and provide refuge to ALL refugees who seek safety.
What you can do:
- Send a letter to your member of Congress demanding the Biden-Harris administration lift the cap on Afghan refugees immediately.
- Sign up to support Afghan refugees in Washington. Anything from clothing to housing, to mental health support is appreciated.
- Donate funds to support Afghan refugees in Washington. The Muslim Association of Puget Sound (MAPS) is fundraising to provide much-needed resources to refugees.
- If you live in the Seattle/Tacoma area, volunteer to support local Afghan refugees. Lutheran Community Services is recruiting volunteers for apartment set up, rides from the airport, and more.
- Sign this MoveOn petition. This petition calls on President Biden to lift the cap on Afghan refugees.
- Sign this petition and send another letter to Congress about lifting the cap on Afghan refugees, with a specific focus on wartime allies.
Thank you for taking action!